Style vs Fashion
Definition of ‘Style’ – the manner in which something is expressed or performed, considered as separate from its intrinsic content, meaning, etc…
Definition of ‘Fashion’ – style in clothes, cosmetics, behaviour, etc, especially the latest or most admired style…
Gaby’s is more about ‘Style’ than ‘Fashion’! Style is individual and depends on one’s personality and character and the way that is expressed. Fashion depends on the reaction of the masses (and often the mass media) to a design or idea or manner of expression. We want our customers to find their individual styles which make them feel good about themselves, with or without a nod to fashion!
Words of Wisdom
- “style is something each of us already has, all we need to do is find it” – Diane von Furstenberg
- “to me clothing is a form of self-expression – there are hints about who you are in what you wear” – Marc Jacobs
- “style is very personal, it has nothing to do with fashion. Fashion is over quickly, style is forever” – Ralph Lauren
- “fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months” – Oscar Wilde
- “style is knowing who you are, what you want to say, and not giving a damn” – Orson Welles
Our Clothing Brands
At any one time Gaby’s stocks over 35 labels which are listed alphabetically on our Labels page. You’ll recognise some of our well-known brand logos below.
“Over the years I have learned that what is important in a dress is the woman who is wearing it.”